We are so excited to share with you all and especially our Northern Utah brides, a new wedding venue that has just opened! The Bellington Manor located in Ogden was clearly built for entertaining distinguished guests, it is rumored that Leroy Eccles, who previously lived just South of his defining new Estate, built his larger and more stately house at 1029 25th Street in response to Mr. Bristol’s house which was located at 2480 Van Buren Avenue c in 1912.
With notable features include the stately Italian Staircase and chandeliers imported in 1914, tuscan Columns, exquisite oil paintings purchased and added to the mansion by the new owners, fabric covered walls, detailed hand carved woodwork throughout, and 2nd story balconies that overlook the picturesque Wasatch Front. The Bellington Manor features multiple parlors and an elegant greeting parlor, beautiful bride and groom rooms, indoor dinning and dancing hall, and outdoor garden ceremony and dinning options.
Here is a bit more about the history behind this incredibly beautiful venue:
Photos by Brandon Burk Photography
The Historic Leroy Eccles Home was built for him and his wife Myrtle, costing more than $100,000, which is equivalent to over 2.5 million dollars by today’s measure. The home was designed by Leslie Hodgson and is in the Italian Renaissance style. The imported Italian wood staircase, a peerless art nouveau window on the landing, elegant stained glass windows, Tuscan columns, and red clay tile roof have survived through the various owners of the mansion. LeRoy Eccles was vice President and general manager of the Amalgamated Sugar Company, and was also involved with the Ogden, Logan & Idaho Railroad. the Eccles home has transitioned through many parts of Ogden’s colorful history, serving time as the Weber Club.
In the mid 80’s the mansion renovated for over $1.5 million by the Kier Construction Company, winning a prestigious award for their meticulous work.
In October 2013, the LeRoy Eccles Estate was purchased by Debra Darrington Peterson, who has owned and operated the Chantilly Mansion Reception & Event Center in Layton, Utah since 1995 and will open to the public to be used as an event center specializing Weddings early 2014.
For the past 6 months The Historic Eccles Estate has again been renovated, exposing and enhancing the flawless hardwood floors, expanding and updating the West Ballroom, and enlarging the South gardens for Outdoor Ceremonies and receptions.
In 1893 David Eccles acquired the land from Ogden’s first Mayor, Lorin Farr and employed architect Aleslie S. Hodgson to lay out the plat for a subdivision. The street splits, creating a large elliptical median know as Watermelon Park, a defining feature of the neighborhood, lined with century old Sycamore trees.
The intimate scale of the neighborhood, along with the shared oval lawn and park-like front lawns flow freely together, undivided by fences or walls, establishing the ideal landscape of the Arts & Crafts period in which it was designed.