There are a handful of amazing gown boutiques here in Utah offering our brides something more than the generic franchise experience! Avenia is one of them and they are also one of our preferred vendors here on UBB. Today we are excited to have them guest post a little info about their unique shop and some tips for you gown shopping brides!
Avenía offers sleeved and strapless designer gowns entirely unique to Utah, as well as exclusive custom gowns. We understand that purchasing a gown can be stressful so we have put together few helpful tips for the bride-to-be and some information regarding our store.
Five tips for brides:
- Start as early as you can to avoid rush fees. We carry over 150 sample designer gowns in our boutique for immediate purchase or to order in the correct color and size that is desired. Most gowns require about 12-18 weeks to arrive, but some designers can accommodate rush orders in as little as 4 weeks. For those interested in custom, our staff of expert couture dress-makers creates custom gowns on a first come first serve basis. We recommend 2-3 months on customized gowns, rush orders can be accommodated.
- Schedule an appointment, this helps the overall experience for everyone involved. We are a full service boutique and provide one-on-one assistance. Your consultant is there to help you in and out of our exquisite gowns and provide you with any information you need. Family and friends are encouraged to relax in our showroom and “enjoy the show” as they help you select your gown.
- Plan your budget ahead of time, we will accommodate your desires and when selecting gowns, we will only pull gowns within your price range.
- Determine your favorite silhouette, but keep an open mind to try something new.
- Wear appropriate undergarments. Since our dresses are samples, we ask that the consultants help the brides try on the gowns. We provide strapless corset bras as well as a waist slip so that the bride can be fully covered, but coming prepared with under garments that you feel comfortable in helps with this process. We carry spanx, bridal slips, strapless bras, and corsets to best fit your needs.
For the designer bride:
We carry multiple designers in our store and almost every dress can come strapless or with shoulders and sleeves. Our best price designer gowns start around $800 and go up from there to about $6,000. Since almost 99% of today’s wedding gowns are strapless, we work very closely with our designers and many of them re-create their gowns, by adding shoulders and sleeves, exclusively for Avenía Bridal.
Our strapless gowns that do require a build-up but cannot be ordered with shoulders and sleeves can be built-up in a way that does not look like it has been altered. We have been doing build-ups for over 35 years and are known for our excellent craftsmanship. We are determined to make every build-up look as though it was bought with the sleeves and shoulders already in the original design.
Almost every dress will require some additional alterations upon arrival. We offer in-house custom alterations and some of our designers even offer custom ordering for perfect sizing built to specific measurements. All alterations and custom measurements are an additional cost and can be done by our in-house alterations team so that the dress fits perfectly. Estimating $100-$300 is average for alterations depending on the difficulty and amount of alterations being done. The price of the alterations reflects the quality of work and the superior fit.
For the custom bride:
In addition to carrying top designer bridal collections, Avenía specializes in designing original, hand-crafted gowns for brides desiring to create a fashion experience reflective of their own unique style and individuality. The first step to a custom dress is having an idea of what you want it to look like. Bringing pictures, ideas, and creative juices is essential. Nancy will work with you, creating your vision on paper, until it is exactly what you are looking for. Our custom gowns start at $1,500 and usually average between $2,000 and $4,000. Custom gowns are fitted with no additional alterations cost. Nothing compliments your figure like a custom gown.
Along with designer and custom wedding gowns we also carry all the accessories you would need to complete your look. You will love our extensive collection of veils, jewelry, hair accessories, and shoes. Stop by our boutique and let us help you find your dream wedding gown.